A KIVA parent just sent us an e-mail asking about our top ten day trips in the area…
We have 15 suggestions:
15. Dixie Caverns… It really is worth the trip.
14. Art By Night in Downtown Roanoke
13. Letterboxing around the Roanoke Valley
12. Star City Skate Center - for those days when it is just too hot!
11. Find local Nature Conservancy sites: Falls Ridge Preserve
10 Lexington - chocolate shop, Boxerwood Gardens, picnic at Lee Chapel and Lexington coffee shop
9 Historic Lynchburg - around Amazement Square
8 Blacksburg - run around the campus, Imagination Station, eat at Excellent Table, Huckleberry Trail
7 Historic Buchanan - sometime you can be certain that you are the only family in town
6. Visit the greenhouse at the Veteran’s Hospital in Salem
5. Happy Hollow Garden - Roanoke County
4. Roanoke sections of the Appalachian Trail
3. bus ride to and around downtown Roanoke
2. Mill Mountain Discovery Center
1. Rediscover your own back yard!
Hope this helps!